Come celebrate Capital Expo Festival's 43rd Anniversary. Started in 1973, Capital Expo is a festival for the entire family, with three days of continuous fun and free entertainment at the Capital Plaza Complex in historic downtown Frankfort Kentucky.
Whether just looking or buying, you don't want to miss one of Capital Expo Festival's oldest traditions, our Artisans. Featuring primitive woodcrafts, wearable art, mosaics, handmade sterling silver and gemstone jewelry, paintings, pottery, hand turned wooden bowls, Kentucky Crafted and Kentucky Proud items and woodworking to name a few.
Come hungry to Capital Expo Festival, you will find a large variety of food and beverages to satisfy any palate. Capital Expo has something for everyone, Carnival rides, Funnel Cake 5K Race, a Classic Car Show, continuous live entertainment on 2 stages, a Children's Festival, and Rumble on the River, the Fireworks display.
Auditions Will Be held at These locations and dates:
La Fiesta Grande Downtown* - March31
Ugly Mugs Pug* - April 14
Brick Alley - April 19
Mac-A-Doo's - April 21
The Knight Club - April 28
Jettown Sports Bar - May 12
Miguel's - May 19
- Contestant will select their first song.
- Contestant must select a minimum 5 songs.
- Judges will select the remaining songs elected by the contestant if the judges request a sing off.
- No duplicate songs will be allowed.
- Contestant can choose to use a solo instrument without accompaniment during the competition. Expo will not be responsible for any set up or equipment to be used for the use of instruments.
- Contestant is required to perform a nationally recorded song and cannot perform music they have written.
- Prior Frankfort Idol or Capital Expo Idol title winners are not eligible to compete again.
- Contestant must be 16 years old to compete at public locations that do not have an age limit of 21 years of age.
- Contestant understands that two (2) winners selected at each location are expected to compete at the 2016 Capital Expo Idol Finals, on Thursday, June 2, 2016. Award money will not be given until the night of finals. Failure to show at the mandatory meeting and finals, prize money will be considered forfeited and contestant will be disqualified.
- Contestants are allowed to bring their own karaoke music during preliminary competition.
- Contestant agrees to not use any inappropriate material or profanity during a performance.
- Contestant is aware that the Karaoke monitor will not be allowed during final competition.
*Locations for ages 16 and older: Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. with competition starting at 7:30 p.m.
Locations for ages 21 and older. Registration begins at 7:00 p.m. with competition starting at 9:00 p.m.
2016 Capital Expo Festival - Children's Festival
Saturday June 4th - 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Stay tuned more info to come!
The 2016 Entertainment lineup is being condidered at this time if you are interested please contact
Pat Talley and Thomas Badgett at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks...
Capital Expo Festival
Funnel Cake 5k
The 4th Annual Capital Expo Festival Funnel Cake 5k will benefit WeWannaPlay, Inc. Donations from the race will be going to help out student athletes via WeWannaPlay. They are on a mission to make sure every financially qualifying Franklin County student athlete that wishes to participate in middle or high school varsity sports has that opportunity and is not held back by the escalating costs of uniforms, equipment, fees, etc...
Our course will run through the beautiful downtown Frankfort, along the Kentucky river trail and end in front of and in the heart of the traditional Capital Expo Festival.
Visit online Registration here
More details to come!
Persons interested in participating in this year’s 2016 Capital Expo Festival,
contact one of our staff members listed below.
Arts & Crafts- Sherri McMillin: 502-695-1958
Children’s Festival- Jennifer Ratliff
Funnel Cake 5k run- Becky Cottingim (Expo Contact) (502) 545-1211
Entertainment- Pat Talley, Thomas Badgett: email@example.com
Food & Vendor Booths- Amanda Presley: 502-320-9247
Deadline extended, Arts and Crafts space still available.
The 2016 Arts & Crafts Application is available here.
The 2016 Food and Vendor Application is available here.
Funnel Cake 5k run registration form Online registration here.
Most sponsors are at the $2500 level and receive all the benefits listed:
- Standard vendor space, 15x20
- 2 logo banners, fountain area
- Logo listing in all printed advertising, State Journal & Brochures
- Mention in all radio & television advertising
- Logo listing on Capital Expo web-site
Mid-level $1500 sponsors receive:
- Vendor space, 10x10
- 1 logo banner, fountain area
- Listing in all printed advertising, State Journal & brochures
Friend of Expo $500 sponsors receive:
Some sponsors agree to more than the $2500 level to receive a larger benefit as being a co-sponsor or sponsor of an event.
Please call Larry (502)545-0692 for more information regarding sponsorship.
Thank you for your consideration!